Welcome

Hi. Welcome to my blog. The purpose of this blog is to remind teenage girls that they're perfect and absolutely beautiful in God's eyes, so who else's opinion could ever possibly matter? Please post a comment and tell me what you think of my blog. Thanks for visiting and enjoy.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Being Yourself

Don't we all have many facets of our self? You know, you when you're with your family, you when you're with your friends, you when you're with that certain group of people, you at this event or that. I do that too. Why can't we all just be ourselves? Why do we have to put on all these different masks? I am reminded of a poem I read by Bettie B. Youngs in one of the "Chicken Soup for the soul" books. It talked about a girl who constantly carried around a paintbrush so that she could cover up and keep people from seeing the real her. She said that she was afraid of stripping off her layers because she didn't want people to reject her. She finally did strip off her layers and let people see the real her, but she kept her paintbrush until she could learn to love herself. So I challenge you, strip off your layers, throw away your paintbrush and just be you. Learn to love yourself and who you really are. Grow new wings of self-esteem, self-love, and confidence. Fly away on your wings and be beautiful.

No comments: